|Questions with HOW||Answers|
|1||HOW generally asks about the MANNER or METHOD of something:|
|How did you get here?||By bicycle.|
|How are you today?||I’m fine, thanks.|
|2||HOW can be used with MUCH and MANY:|
|How much money do you have?||Five dollars.|
|How many people know that?||Three.|
|3||HOW is used with ADJECTIVES:|
|How tall are you?||Six feet tall.|
|How hot is it?||It’s very hot!|
|4||HOW LONG asks about a LENGTH OF TIME:|
|How long has she been a student?||Two years.|
|5||HOW OFTEN asks about FREQUENCY:|
|How often do you practice the piano?||Two hours every day.|
|How often do you eat hamburgers?||Never!|
|6||HOW FAR asks about DISTANCE:|
|How far is your school from here?||About 1/2 a mile.|
|How far away is San Diego from here?||About 2 hours by car.|
|1||How long have you known your friend?|
|2||How much time is there in a day?|
|3||How many people are in your family?|
|4||How long can you swim underwater?|
|5||How much time have you spent studying for your test?|
|6||How many hours are there in a day?|
|7||How long have you studied English?|
|8||How long will you stay in your current job?|
|9||How much money do you spend for lunch every day?|
|10||How much time do you spend sleeping each night?|
|11||How many years have you spent in school?|
|12||How many days do you work each week?|
|How long will he stay here?||He will stay here for 2 hours.|
|How long will he wait?||He will wait for I hour.|
|How long will you write?||I will write for 3 hours.|
|How long will Ram play?||Ram will play for 3 hours.|
|How long will it take?||It will take another 15 minutes.|
|How long will it type?||It will type for 5 hours.|
|How long will they read?||They will read for 1 hour.|
|How long will they write?||They will write for 3 hours.|
|1. How long has he been waiting?||He has been waiting for 3 hours.|
|2. How long has he been playing?||He has been playing for 2 hours|
|3. How long has Ram been reading?||Ram has been reading for 3 hours|
|4. How long has she been singing?||She has been singing for 2 hours|
|5. How long has she been writing?||She has been writing for 3 hours.|
|6. How long has it been working?||It has been working for 10 hours.|
|7. How long has it been producing?||It has been producing five tonnes.|
|8. How long has he been standing?||He has been standing for 20 minutes.|
|1. How long have they been playing?||They have been playing for 2 hours.|
|2. How long have you been waiting?||I have been waiting for 3 hours.|
|3. How long have you been reading?||I have been reading for 2 hours.|
|4. How long have they been sleeping?||They have been sleeping for hours.|
|5. How long have I been writing?||You have been writing for 3 hours.|
|6. How long have I been singing?||You have been singing for 5 hours.|
|7. How long have I been working?||You have been working for 8 hours.|
|8. How long have they been standing?||They have been standing for 20 minutes.|
|9. How long have we been standing here?||We have been standing here for the last 3 hours.|
|10. How long have we been studying this subject?||We have been studying this subject for the last 5 days.|
|Questions beginning with HOW FAR :|
|1. How far can he walk?||He can walk 3 kms.|
|2. How far can she run?||She can run 2 kms.|
|3. How far can it work?||It can work for 8 hours.|
|4. How far can it go?||It can go for 10 kms.|
|5. How far can she travel?||She can travel 500 kms.|
|6. How far can I write into the night?||I can write upto 2 am in the midnight.|
|7. How far can we travel into this forest?||We can travel 10 kilometers into this forest.|
|8. How far can they dig into this mine?||They can dig upto 250 meters into this mine.|
1. I sometimes watch television. _________________ I don’t know do you watch television?
2. New York is 2,570 miles far from Las Vegas. _________________I don’t know is New York from Las Vegas?
3. They hardly ever use the internet. _________________ I don’t know do they use the internet?
4. She usually spends 2 hours in traffic._________________I don’t know does she usually spend in traffic?
5. Sydney is 13,249 miles far from Paris._________________I don’t know is Sydney from Paris?
6. He has played tennis for 30 minutes._________________ I don’t know has he played tennis ?
7. The bus stop is 300 yards away._________________I don’t know is the bus-stop?
8. She quite often reads the newspaper._________________I don’t know does she read the newspaper?
9. I usually practise my swing for 10 minutes._________________I don’t know do you usually practise your swing?
10. I fly overseas twice a month._________________I don’t know do you fly overseas?