The graphs below show the types of music albums purchased by people in Britain according to sex and age.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
- You should write at least 150 words.
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The three graphs provide an overview of the types of music people purchase in the UK. At first glance we see that classical music is far less popular than pop or rock music.
While slightly more women than men buy pop music, the rock market is dominated by men with 30% buying rock, compared to 17% of women. From the first graph we see that interest in pop music is steady from age 16 to 44 with 20% of the population continuing to buy pop CDs after the age of 45.
The interest in rock music reaches its peak among the 25 to 34 year olds, though it never sells as well as pop. Interest also drops off after the age of 35 with an even sharper fall from age 45 onwards, a pattern which is the opposite to the classical music graph.
- IELTS Writing task 1-Volume 3 Part 1 ( Line graph: V3G49)Line Graph 49 The graph below shows the weekday volume of passenger activity on … Read more
- IELTS Writing task 1-Volume 3 Part 1 ( Bar graph: V3G47)Bar Graph 47 The graph below shows the percentage of urban/suburban and rural households … Read more
- IELTS Writing task 1-Volume 3 Part 1 ( Line graph: V3G46)Line Graph 46 The chart below shows the total volume of telephone calls (in … Read more
- IELTS Writing task 1-Volume 3 Part 1 ( Bar graph: V3G45)Bar Graph 45 The chart below shows how frequently people in the USA ate … Read more
- IELTS Writing task 1-Volume 3 Part 1 ( Bar graph: V3G44)Bar Graph 44 The graph below shows the daily water consumption for Americans in … Read more